Monday, July 23, 2012

Grandpa and Alyse



GRANDPA AND ALYSE

Everyone in my family knows what a softy my dad is for babies.  Alyse has been able to bond a lot with my dad since we have been living at my parent's home.  My dad has already gone through several nick names for Alyse including but not limited to, Sqwak, Squeek, Geesing, goosing, gosling, and the one that has stuck......The Geesing. 


 My dad is always whistling when he is walking through the house around kids. Whenever she would hear the whistles she would brighten up and start looking around for grandpa. She has him wrapped around that little finger already, little toot.
My dad insists on bathing Alyse in the sink, and it is usually several times a week. I personally don't like it, because I think that food and bare bums should never be in the same place.....ever.                                       "Butt," Alyse loves it and dad loves it, so who am I to hold them back? I'm just the mom :) 

I worry sometimes that Alyse is going to like my dad more than she will like me... Dun dun dun....  I think that every family goes through the struggle of favorites, however, not every family has a highly skilled grandpa to win over the kids by sneaking them candy and sips of pop. (Yes dad, I am on to you.) I know that its just a stage, AND my dad can't keep up this kind of energy and effort forever! I will prevail!
                                 

        In all seriousness though, it has been so sweet to see my dad and Alyse bond.  She really loves her grandpa. I couldn't have asked for a better man to fill the huge shoes of a father figure in her life at a time where I couldn't offer that to her. My dad is such a special man and I am so blessed to have him in my life. Love you Dad! 



No comments:

Post a Comment